Ritz Crackers, Rice Cakes, on a French Roll, over a salad, in a lettuce cup… there are so many ways to enjoy Tuna. My favorite way to enjoy it is with Henry as it’s his very favorite snack. The second that the opener punctures the can, Henry comes running from where ever he is in the house because he knows its a matter of momets before he gets in on the protein packed snack.
Now, I’m not usually one to brag… but I’ve been told the tuna salad that I prepare is among the best many have had.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
- 2 Cans of Tuna, drained
- 3 Tbsp. Dried Cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 heaping Tbsp. Dijon
- 1 small sweet pickle, finely chopped. Growing up my Grandparents always had these sweet little gherkins from their local German deli that were my favorite as a child, and still a favorite as an adult.
- 1-1/2 Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients other than the Tuna in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the Tuna is drained dump 1-1/2 cans into the bowl and reserve the remaining half tin for your fury little guy(or girl).
- Season (A little at a time as the pickles will add a lot of flavor)
- Using a fork, break up the Tuna as best as you can before folding all the ingredients together.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Stir the remaining tuna into some kibble for the little one.
- Prepare whatever toast or crackers that you’re going to be enjoying your Tuna Salad with and enjoy your Tuna for Two with your best little friend.
This recipe will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge as long as it’s in an airtight container.