Oh, Toast- how I love you. It is quick, it can be whaever you make of it- light or heavy, but most of all- it’s forever comforting. When you’re sick and can’t stomach anything else… when you’re sad and really just need something to settle your nerves… when you’re stressed and don’t have time to cook something of substance… when money is tight and you can’t afford a giant shop at the grocery store- you can always count on toast. Toast is home.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Bread of choice. I prefer a Multigrain, Rye
- Burrata Cheese
- Charred Cherry Tomato Marmalade
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Handful of Baby Spinach
- 1 Large Egg
- Dijon Mustard
- Smoked Paprika
- Cut two slices of bread to desired thickness, and toast until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Once toasted, spread Burrata cheese on one slice, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Top cheese with Charred Cherry Tomato Marmalade.
- Spread Dijon on second slice of bread, and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, add 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil and allow to heat. Once oil is hot enough and begins to pop in the pan add heaping handful of Spinach and season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Sautee until Spinach begins to wilt and cook down.
- In same skillet, using a spatula move Spinach aside and crack 1 large egg into pan. Season and cook until over-easy.
- Place sauteed, and(if made the way that I prefer) crispy spinach on top of Dijon, and top with Fried Egg.
… and Bon Appetite. The runny egg and smokey paprika’d spinach is cut perfectly by the cool, refreshing bite of Burrata paired with the sweet char of the Cherry Tomato Marmalade.