Pate Sucree(sweet crust pastry, or sugar paste) is used in many confections- my particular fave would be tarts. Being my go-to dough, not only is it easy, but it’s subtly sweet flavor is what I believe to be the perfect dessert.
Servings: 1 Large Tart or 2 Small Tarts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1-1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- In a bowl slightly beat the Egg with Extract and set aside
- In a mixer fitted with a whip, beat the room temperature butter, sugar, and salt together until soft.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl, add Egg, and whip to combine.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, add Flour, and whip together until dough comes together.
- Turn out onto slightly floured surface, and form into dough into a compact square.
- Wrap in cling wrap, or parchment until ready for use.
- Refrigerate and use in up to 3 days, or freeze and use in up to 2 months.