December is a month full of family, friends, and loved ones alike. It’s a great time for looking back at the year passed to reflect on all accomplishments and triumphs, and focus on changes you would like to make in the year to come… to continue practicing the gratuitude brought on by Thanksgiving, and show your love to those that you truly care about. But above all other things- December is for sweets: Cookies, cakes, candy, sugar, sugar, and more sugar.
Servings: 3-4 Dozen Cookies, depending on how you scoop them
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2-1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Salted Butter, at room temp
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 12 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (Quick Tip: The usual bag of Chocolate Chips at the grocery store is 12oz)
- One delicious jar of Nutella
- Fleur de sel
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°
- In a cleaned dry bowl combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Add Butter, and both Sugars to a mixing bowl fitted with the whip attachement.
- Whip until butter is fluffy, and no chunks of sugar remain.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula, and add Eggs and Vanilla Extract.
- Once Eggs are fully incorporated, in two separate additions, add the flour mix scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition.
- Once the dough comes together, scoop the cookies out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- After all the cookies are scooped stuff them with a dollop of Nutella: Place the Cookie in one hand and make a dent with one of your fingers- Using the smallest spoon that you have, spoon a a bit of Nutella into the dented cookie, and re-roll the dough around the delicious center of Nutella.
- Sprinkle Fleur de sel over the top of the cookies before baking.
- Place on a baking sheet 1″ apart and bake for 6 minutes, rotate the pan, and bake another 5(or until they are baked through but still soft at the center)
- To freeze for later use- lay the rolled cookies neatly on a baking sheet, cover with saran wrap so that they are air tight, and store for up to 2 months.
- Once baked, store in an air tight cookie jar and enjoy for up 2-4 days.