Old-Fashioned rolled oats, dried fruit, nuts, honey, chocolate, candy, puffed rice cereal… you name it- it probably goes marvelously in Granola. Through plenty of years, and tons of diets, I finally found a combination that I believe to be a simply perfect compliment to yogurt, ice cream, or even just enjoyed on it’s own. Let me know how you like it!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Whole Almonds
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1 Cup Pistachios Nut Meats
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries or Cherries
- 1 Cup Dried Apricots, Sliced
- Tip: Spray knife with cooking spray when chopping dried fruit to avoid a sticky mess
- 1/2 Cup Pepitas
- 1/4 Chopped Dates
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Goji Berries
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Grape Seed Oil
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F and arrange the rack in the middle of the oven.
- After portioning out ingredients, and chopping fruit to desired size- combine Oats, Nuts, Dried Fruit, and Brown Sugar in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place Honey, Oil, Vanilla, and Salt in a small sauce pot and heat on a low flame until the mixture is completely fluid, and runs easily.
- Pour warmed honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Make sure all ingredients are evenly coated in liquid.
- Turn out onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. I prefer to use Coconut Oil Cooking Spray- not only is it healthier, but it tastes much better.
- Place on middle rack in oven and cook for 40 minutes, rotating, and mixing every 10-15 minutes.
- After about 40 minutes, give or take depending on the temperature of your oven, remove sheet from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Break up, store in air tight container, and enjoy for up to 2 weeks.