A good Caeser Salad can really hit the spot, and it’s all in the dressing. I tend to be a bit squeamish when it comes to Anchovies. If I don’t have to see them being incorporated into the dish it’s one thing- but when it’s homemade you aren’t really left with much room for the element of surprise. I’ve made it a point to recreate the recipe, leaving the slipperly school of fish out, that even Caeser Cardini himself would enjoy. To top it off, it takes only a matter of moments. Give it a try…
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
- 1-2 Thinly Sliced Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Heaping Tbsp. Dijon
- 1 Heaping Tsp. of Mayonnaise
- 5 Heaping Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 Head of Romaine, cleaned and chopped
- 1 Handful of Arugula
- 1/4 Baguette, thinly sliced and cubed
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425°
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Dijon, 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder, and whisk in 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil until the ingredients form a marinade.
- Add Chicken to the mariade and allow to sit while you heat the grill that you are using to cook the chicken.
- Grill the chicken until cooked completely and set aside for later use.
- In a sepate bowl combine two minced garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder, remaining Dijon, 1 Heaping Teaspoon of Mayonnaise, 1/4 of a Lemon juiced, salt, and pepper. Whisk in remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil until all ingredients come together like a thick dressing and add 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Refrigerate dressing until ready for use.
- In an oven safe skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil and remaining minced garlic.
- Once Garlic is fragrant add bread pieces and toss until they are thoroughly coated with the Garlic Oil.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of parmesan over croutons, toss, and bake 4-5 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Combine Romaine, Arugula, and 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- Chop Chicken to desired size for eating and add to salad.
- Toss dressing and croutons in with the rest of the ingredients and enjoy.