Yogurt. I go both ways with it… Offering countless health benefits, there is really only so much you can eat before remembering it’s just yogurt and you’re completely sick of it- not matter how good it is for you. Many will flock to those sugar-laden, artificially flavored brand names that offer a zillion different flavors and are so easy to revert back to (No judgment), not even knowing how easy it is to make it on your own. Give this recipe a whisk and see for yourself.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1- 17.6 oz container Fage Yogurt. I prefer 2% for the texture- but if you’re watching your figure, definitely go for the 0%.
- 1 Small Navel Orange
- 1 Small Lemon
- 1 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 oz. Grand Marnier
- Homemade Granola
- Quick Berry Compote
- Scrape Yogurt into large bowl.
- Zest 1 Orange, and 1/2 a lemon with a microplane over into the bowl.
- Add 1 oz. each of Triple Sec and Cointreau
- Whisk to combine flavors.
- Best if left covered in fridge to rest for 10-15 minutes to really let the flavors blend.
- In small mason jar, spoon 1 tbsp of chilled Quick Berry Compote in the bottom. I like to shake it around slowly to allow the compote to create a design of it’s own at the bottom of the jar.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the yogurt mixture over the Quick Berry Compote. Gently tap the bottom of the mason jar to the counter to allow any pockets of air to be released so that you can avoid any sort of bacterial growth during the storage process.
- Store, covered, in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
- When ready to eat, add as much or as little Homemade Granola, and enjoy.
**Add fresh berries to the top to make it even better.**
I love to make this ahead of time and have it portioned in the fridge for a quick grab and go snack kind of snack for when you’re on the run.